Race Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants who register to take part in an event organised by K2 Sports Limited. In these terms and conditions participants will be referred to as “you” and the event organiser will be referred to as K2 Sports Limited
- By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All participants must be above 16 years of age for senior races.
- You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding the event contained on the website www.k2sports-uk.com and any other information that may be sent to you by the Event Organiser and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the event.
- The registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. K2 Sports refund policy applies.
- If any details provided by you on your registration form change, you must notify the Event Organisers immediately in writing by emailing email@example.com or your race timer as advised in any pre-race information. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure their details are correct before they race. Any participants that have raced with incorrect personal information and do not notify us of the error before the prize presentation, will be disqualified and shown as DQ on the online results..
- The Event Organiser reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way.
- You will be emailed prior to the event with further event details and instructions.
- Please note that all arrangements for the event, including the venue, date and programme may be subject to change. Any changes will be notified to you by email no later than 2 weeks prior to the date of the event.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have taken your own medical advice, and that you are medical are fit and healthy and have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
- While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the event, the participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
- You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that the Event Organiser cannot be liable to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
- You must abide by any rules or regulations of the event that may be notified to you by the Event Organiser or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event.
- You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and Event Organisers. If you behave in any manner which is, in the Event Organiser´s opinion, poor sportsmanship or a risk to the safety of any other participant, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
- You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk.
- The Event Organiser is not responsible for any third party organisations that may provide other services at the event. You use any such services at your own risk.
- If the event has to be postponed for any reason, the Event Organiser will endeavour to arrange an alternative event, and you will be notified of the new date and venue of the rearranged event. These terms and conditions will continue to apply to the rearranged event. No refund will be given if you do not wish or are unable to participate in the rearranged event. Accommodation fees will not be refunded if the event is re-scheduled.
- If the event has to be cancelled and not rescheduled you will receive a refund of your registration fee minus a 20 % deduction to cover administration costs.
- If access to a published course is restricted for any reason an alternative course will be used. If water temperatures prevent an open-water swim going ahead, the triathlon will be adapted to a duathlon and the event will proceed as normal. Entry fees will not be refunded for anyone choosing not to participate in the adapted event.
- You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that any images of you may be used by the Event Organiser in any media regarding the event and to market and advertise the event or any other similar events.
- By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by the Event Organiser to contact you regarding their other events.
If you need assistance in reading and understanding these terms and conditions please contact a member of the events team using the email address below.
Want to find out more?
Call 07887 803210Get in touch
If you are interested in our chip timing services, please get in touch.